Smoke- and Tobacco-Free
We're Clearing the Air!
As part of our commitment to provide a healthy environment for you and your family, Baptist Health is a 100% smoke- and tobacco-free organization.
As a leading health care provider, we see the negative effects of smoking every day in the ever-increasing number of people with cancer, heart disease, stroke and chronic health conditions.
And it's not just smokers who are affected by smoke. It affects people of all ages, from small children to those who are elderly. Secondhand smoke can contribute to pneumonia, bronchitis, severe asthma attacks, heart attacks and even lung cancer.
So, by eliminating smoking on all of our properties, we are promoting good health and clear air throughout our community. We hope we can count on your support for better health for everyone.
We recognize that following our smoke-free policy may be difficult for some people. That's why we offer smoking cessation resources for those who are interested.
Smoking Cessation Resources
Only you know if and when it's time to stop smoking or using other tobacco products. If you do make this life-changing decision, Baptist Health is happy to help you by:
- Carrying a variety of medications and other smoking cessation aids at our Baptist Pharmacies. These aids are available for you while you're on campus or to take home. Some may require a prescription.
- Providing smoking cessation programs at Baptist hospitals. Call 627.1333 for classes at the beach. Call 321.3892 for classes on Amelia Island.
- Summarizing a list of smoking cessation classes throughout the community.
- Offering a checklist for preparing to lead a smoke-free life.
- Offering some questions and answers to prepare you for your first smoke-free day.